Weddingbells’ Annual Reader Survey is Canada’s preeminent bridal industry survey, which gets inside the minds of engaged women getting ready to walk down the aisle. The results of this nationwide questionnaire disclose important industry trends and insights into the spending habits of Canadian couples.
From July 2014 to March 2015 more than two thousand brides and brides-to-be dished about their impending nuptials. They weighed in on everything from their rings and relationships to honeymoons and the final bill.
Highlights from this year’s survey include:
– There will be an estimated 160,324 weddings in Canada during 2015.
– The average age of Canadian brides is 30.
– December remains the most popular time to get engaged with 20% of men popping the question that month.
– 67% of weddings will occur between June and September. The most popular month to marry in is August, with 23% of weddings taking place that month.
– One in four weddings that occur between November and April will be destination weddings. 14% of Canadian weddings will take place abroad.
– The expected cost of a wedding in Canada in 2015 (including the honeymoon) is $30,717.
– 75% of brides agree that they are likely to spend more than anticipated on their wedding.
– The average number of wedding guests is 129.
– 89% of brides had input on how much their wedding ring cost.
– More than one in four women had chosen their engagement ring before becoming engaged.
– 90% of brides said they had logged into a social network in the past 30 days and 83% of brides said that “social media plays an important role in the planning of my wedding.”
Click through the slides below to see more specifics on proposals, planning, registries, honeymoons and how brides are using the web to plan their celebrations.
View our reader survey results from 2014 and see how wedding trends in Canada are changing over the years.