Want to have your celebration featured by Weddingbells? Just complete the form below. Your submissions will be sent directly to our editorial team and we will contact you to let you know if your wedding has been chosen for a print or online feature.
- For consideration: Digital images only, full colour, jpeg format
- Contact information for the bride and groom must be provided
- Photographer must have permission from clients stating approval/rights to use, publish and archive on Weddingbells.ca and other electronic formats. Weddingbells reserves the right to ask for a copy of this release.
How to submit your wedding
Please complete the form below.
Frequently asked questions
- Who can submit a wedding to be featured by Weddingbells?
A: We accept submissions from recently married couples, photographers and wedding vendors. If you are a photographer submitting, please ensure that you have the couple’s approval. If you are a couple submitting, please ensure that you have the photographer’s approval. If you are a wedding vendor submitting, please ensure that you have the approval of the couple and the photographer.
- How do I submit my wedding for consideration?
Please complete and submit the form below.
- How do I submit a styled shoot?
A: We only feature styled shoots online (not in the magazine). If you would like to submit for the website please upload your images, a list of vendors and a description of the inspiration behind the shoot via our real wedding submission page.
- What kind of images are you looking for?
Our brides love to see details. Cakes, bouquets, favours, hairstyles, and—of course—shots of the couple and the wedding party. Please refer to our submission form for a general shot list.
- How many images should I send?
Between 25 and 100 1000-pixel-wide images are needed. If we require more someone from our editorial department will be in touch.
- Will I be in the magazine?
Our print magazine (which comes out biannually) features several real weddings each issue. When you submit your real wedding, you are submitting both for online and in print. If you wish to be in print ONLY please indicate that on your submission form.
- If we’re featured online, what does that include?
Each week we feature a number of new real weddings on our website. If your wedding is selected your images and story will be archived in our Real Wedding section and emailed to approximately 20,000 active Canadian brides via our e-newsletter.
- What kind of credit do photographers receive?
Photographers receive on-page credit, and a link to their website is included (if applicable).
- I didn’t get married in Canada, can I still submit my wedding?
As long as either the bride or groom is Canadian, you can submit. We feature weddings in Canada as well as destination weddings.
- How soon after I submit my wedding will it go up on the website?
A member of the Weddingbells staff will inform you the week your wedding is featured. This could take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months from the submission date.
- I got married over a year ago, can I still submit my pictures?
We’re likely to feature more timely submissions. However, we do accept weddings that have taken place over a year ago.
- What type of weddings do you look for?
We love to feature Canadian couples with inspiring celebrations. Weddings should have a strong theme or motif, great images, lots of details and a well-answered questionnaire.
- Is there a deadline for submitting a real wedding for the magazine?
There is no specific deadline for print or online as we are always accepting year-round.
- Can I submit a wedding even if it has already been featured elsewhere?
For online, we prefer to feature weddings that have not been featured elsewhere (with the exception of the photographer’s/vendor’s blog). However, we are open to accepting weddings that have been featured elsewhere. For print, we ask that Weddingbells receive exclusive right to feature the photos first (with the exception of the photographer’s/vendor’s blog).
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Terms and Conditions
- Real Weddings Terms and Conditions
Weddingbells receives the following rights:
– Print: The publication rights in all language versions of Weddingbells for 12 months from the publication date of the issue in which the image is first published.
– Online: Right to use, publish and archive on weddingbells.ca in perpetuity.
– Right to edit the image.
– Right to copy and store the image and/or an edited version of the image in a digital archive for internal use only.
You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in content which you submit. By submitting, you give Weddingbells a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any content which you submit. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Weddingbells to display, distribute and promote the content.
You understand that Weddingbells may (a) transmit or distribute your content over various public networks and in various media; and (b) make such changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that content to the technical requirements of connecting networks, devices, services or media. You agree that this license shall permit Weddingbells to take these actions.
Return to the Real Weddings submission page.