Your bachelorette party is one of the last nights you'll spend with all of your gals as a single woman, so you'll obviously want to make sure it's amazing. While you could always go for the classic clubbing night out or even splurge on a trip to Vegas, there are definitely more than a few creative alternatives to these old favourites that your besties will be excited about. Put a fun twist on the traditional last fling before the ring with one of these five unconventional bachelorette party ideas:
1. Find your way out of an escape room. If you and your BFFs are down for a challenge, a visit to an escape room could be a fun and different way to start your night out. Not only is it an exciting and collaborative game to play as a group, but it's also a great way to branch off from the usual girly spa day. Try Captured Escape Rooms in Halifax, A/Maze in Montreal, Trapped! in Toronto, The Real Escape in Winnipeg, Escape Club in Regina, The Locked Room in Calgary or Lockdown in Vancouver.
2. Go axe-throwing. Axe-throwing is another way to break away from the traditional ultra-feminine bachelorette party staples. Get some exercise in and channel your pre-wedding jitters into a fun (and oddly satisfying) weapon-wielding session. In Calgary, Toronto and Ottawa check out BATL, in Winnipeg, Edmonton and Surrey, British Columbia head to Bad Axe Throwing, and in Halifax visit Timber Lounge.
3. Have a ping pong party. Brush up on your table tennis skills while you sip cocktails with your best friends. Check out Kitsilano Ping Pong Social Club in Vancouver, Garage Sports Bar in Calgary, SPiN in Toronto, Ping Pong Club in Montreal or Pong Social Club in Halifax.
4. Have dinner in the dark. While dining in the pitch black might sound questionable, it's actually a ton of fun. The idea is that when you eat without seeing, your remaining senses are heightened to savour the food (and wine, obviously). Book a table at O.Noir in Toronto or Montreal or at Dark Table in Vancouver.
5. Go indoor sky-diving. Craving the excitement of free falling through the sky, but don't feel like risking your life right before your wedding day? Try an indoor sky diving simulator for an adrenaline-fuelled party that won't leave anyone in your bridal party with a broken leg. Check out iFly in Oakville, Ontario or SkyVenture in Montreal.
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More