Have you made your royal wedding day plans yet? On Saturday, May 19th Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will wed in St. George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle and the entire world will be watching. Harry and Meghan’s wedding is set for broadcast at 12:00 pm GMT (that translates to 7:00am EST) and Kensington Palace has confirmed the royal wedding day action will get started as early as two hours before the event with the arrival of the couple’s 600 guests
This means you will be up VERY early for a date with the telly and what better way to celebrate Meghan and Harry’s big day than to host a viewing party for your BFFs?! As your guests will be arriving before dawn, they key to a beautiful and Instagram-perfect party is being organized and keeping it easy. Here’s some of our favourite ideas to help you host a royal wedding viewing party to remember.
• Break out your best (British) china If ever there was a day to get out your best tableware (or borrow your mom or grandmother’s) this is it! We’re talking traditional floral and chintz tableware patterns, toile table linens, vintage teapots, teacups and tiered cake stands. Accessorize with mini Union Jack flags and buntings.
• Trim your table with florals inspired by Meghan’s wedding flowers It’s been revealed the royal wedding florals will include white garden roses, peonies and foxgloves. Dress your space with mini bud vases filled with these pretty springtime blooms.
• Don’t Cook! It’s early and nobody wants to be in the kitchen at 4am! Pick up sweet treats like empire cookies, pound cake, cupcakes and even mini wedding cakes to decorate your table and enjoy after Harry and Meghan say “I do.” Have someone hit a McDonald’s drive-thru on their way over or consider ordering McDelivery to your house through Uber Eats so everyone can enjoy their breakfast favourites. (Fun fact: more couples are serving McDonald’s burgers for their late night wedding meal. In fact, it’s rumoured even Harry and Meghan want burgers and fries as a late night nosh for their party!)
• Gift your guests with new PJs Custom monogrammed PJs for royal wedding viewing are mandatory! Be the perfect host and treat your guests to new jammies, which you send them in advance of the wedding. Hit a party shop and pickup some sparkly tiaras too!
• Party favours are mandatory! Send guests home with a wedding favour to remember the day and your amazing party. A few ideas we love: bespoke cookies made for the day, loose leaf teas, mini floral bouquets and mini bottles of bubbly.
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More