As mentioned last week, we were on the wedding beat this past weekend—Nicole and Roseanne did some show detail at Toronto’s The Wedding Co. They came back most inspired by EVERYTHING they saw and Monday morning the rest of us in the office got a full report on what’s haute and hip for 2008. This gown that Nicole snapped by Ines Di Santo is just one of the lovely things they spied—here’s Nicole and Rosie’s full hit list.
1. Gorgeous Cakes. Exotic flavours like Dulce de Leche are hip, as are butterfly detailing and towering confections that are four or five tiers high!
2. Sweet Favours. As in chocolates (monogrammed with your initials), custom-packaged mini candy and sweet bars as well as mini-candy bins. Yum!
3. Feminine Flowers. Just like fashion this spring is big on jewel tones, so too are wedding blooms. Think poppy pink, orange and yellow blossoms, bundled in small bouquets (big ones are passé). Also making a comeback: carnations!
4. Stunning Stationery. Crisp and clean is the theme for 2008 with black and white being a huge colour combo; classic rectangular shaped cards are back in vogue; and elegant damask stock is the paper du jour.
5. Glorious Gowns. The sleek and sexy sheath is very big for ’08 (think Jackie O with very clean ’60s styling). Other key dress trends: beautiful back detailing, fitted bodices with flared skirts and any style that evokes a feeling of old Hollywood glamour.
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More