Photo courtesy of Getty Images
We’re still swooning over Pippa and James’ perfect day. This wedding was pretty close to perfect (with a rumoured price tag of £400,000!) and definitely on par with sister Kate’s royal affair (if Kate hadn’t married a prince, we bet her wedding would have been a very similar upscale English country-chic celebration in her hometown).
From the dress to floral décor, Pippa’s day was chock-a-block full of incredible details and trend-setting wedding ideas. Here are five of our favourites:
1. The Sexy Lace Dress Pippa’s bespoke Giles Deacon guipure lace gown (with a reported price tag of £70,000) was definitely traditional, but it was form-fitting and skin-baring in the most ladylike manner. The corset bodice and cap sleeves showcased Pippa’s killer bod (those arms!) and we love that she flashed just a hint of skin with a gorgeous keyhole detail in the back of the gown.
2. Drop Earrings Pippa wore the very same earrings she did as a bridesmaid for Kate—diamond drops custom created by Robinson Pelham, the Middleton family jeweller. We love the understated elegance of her accessory choice and the fact that she chose to sport diamonds over more traditional bridal pearls.Photo courtesy of Getty Images
3. The Veil Pippa proved this is one accessory every bride should rock on her wedding day. Her delicate tulle veil dotted with pearls was created by milliner Stephen Jones and added an instant air of romance to her bridal style without eclipsing her dress.Photo courtesy of Getty Images
4. Petite Bouquets Pippa took the floral décor at her ceremony to the next level. Historic St. Mark’s Church in Englefiled, England was kitted out in incredible swags, arrangements and floral archways featuring lush greenery, and a pink and white floral mix of garden roses, peonies, sweet peas, astilbe, freesia and waxflowers. With the verdant décor, the bride chose to keep her bouquet teeny, tiny—we’re loving the return to small and compact arrangements after seasons of oversize bouquets.Photo courtesy of Getty Images
5. The Cutest Kids Outfits There’s no denying the wee ones stole the show with their adorable (and very British) outfits. Spanish children’s wear label Pepa & Co designed white Peter Pan collar shirts and sage knickerbockers for Prince George and the boys; and white smocked dresses trimmed with Millennial Pink sashes for Princess Charlotte and the girls. The best news: Pepa & Co. has just launched a collection inspired by these darling designs so your bridal party littles can rock the same look.
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More