After the toasts and speeches, we know you want your wedding reception to turn into a crazy fun dance party that none of your guests will forget. An essential ingredient in the recipe for an amazing reception is incredible music that everyone can dance to. We turned to DJ extraordinaire Michael Coombs to give us access to his repertoire of most highly-requested songs at wedding receptions. Press play on this list of the top ten party music recommendations and watch your guests tear up the dance floor.
10. Mi Gente - J Balvin, Willy William, Beyonce This song came out in the second half of 2017, and became an instant wedding reception hit.
9. Shape of You - Ed Sheeran If a lot of your guests listen to the radio, they'll likely have heard this song and won't hesitate to head to the dance floor when it comes on.
8. Pony - Ginuwine Coombs calls this song a "late, late, late night song," and we totally agree.
7. Juicy - The Notorious B.I.G. This classic from the iconic rapper is a must-have on your wedding reception playlist.
6. Everybody (Backstreet's Back) - Backstreet Boys "There are very few songs that people remember the dance routine from, and this is one of them," Coombs says.
5. Don't Stop Believin' - Journey A go-to song for karaoke, we know everyone at your reception will be belting this one out.
4. The Tragically Hip "Canadian Icons," Coombs notes. "I had so many requests, not for specific songs, but just for 'The Hip'. So I picked my favourite, 'Bobcaygeon.'" Every Canadian wedding needs to have a Tragically Hip song in the playlist.
3. Ignition (RMX) - R. Kelly This is one smooth R'n'B hit that we know everyone knows the words to.
2. 24K Magic - Bruno Mars Let's face it, any Bruno Mars song will be a smash on the dance floor. But this one, in particular, has been "magic" for guests of every age.
1. Despacito (RMX) - Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee, Justin Bieber "Like 2013's 'Blurred Lines' it started off HOT but like any amazing song, got played out fast," Coombs says. "Regardless, when the song comes on...Tengo que bailar contigo hoy."
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More