Model Chanel Iman wed NFL player Sterling Shepard this weekend, and their wedding was the elegant affair of our dreams. Following the latest celeb trend of surprise weddings, Chanel and Sterling followed suit with a floral-filled celeb-studded bash just three months after Sterling popped the question in December on Chanel's 27th birthday. The pair were able to pull off an absolutely stunning celebration with the help of celeb wedding planner Mindy Weiss. Photographed by Amy and Stuart Photography, the opulent celebration was held at the Beverly Hills Hotel and included guests such as Chrissy Teigen and Gabrielle Union.
Every inch of Chanel and Sterling's wedding was full of inspo, but there few details in particular that stood out to us.
1. Two gowns for the bride... We particularly loved Chanel's two gowns from Lebanese designer Zuhair Murad. For the ceremony, Chanel wore a stunning lace dress with 3D florals and an embellished matching bolero. According to Brides, Chanel loved the idea of covering her shoulders for the wedding, and she chose a beautiful way of doing so, with the help of stylist Anita Patrickson. For the reception, Chanel kept it chic in a long blush number with a V-neckline and blush sash.
2. ...and two outfits for the groom Why should the bride have all the fun? For the reception Sterling also had a wardrobe change, shedding his classic Hugo Boss tux jacket for a white Hugo Boss jacket and changing his shoes.
3. Bridesmaids in white To contrast with Chanel's off-white-hued dresses, the bridesmaids (which included fellow model Jourdan Dunn) kept it crisp in clean in white gowns from Watters. We love the idea of having the bridesmaids wear white instead of the bride. Despite Chanel's vision of keeping everything classic, this is another unconventional detail we love. The subtle contrast in colour with the bride and bridesmaids gowns makes everything look elegant and cohesive, while still allowing the bride to stand out.
4. One word: Flowers When we say the ceremony venue was filled with blooms, we are not exaggerating. Not only was their square-shaped ceremony arch a sight to behold, but the aisles were lined also lined with moss and white roses, making it look like the flowers were growing straight from the ground. The area leading up to the reception, including the staircases, were also decked in pink and white roses. Wedding planner Weiss worked with Mark's Garden to create a celebration filled with flowers at every turn.
5. A well-decorated cake (and cake table) Chanel and Sterling opted for a classic five-tiered white cake from Joanie & Leigh's Cakes and embellished it with roses that also surrounded the base of the cake. The cake table was also accented with a variety of romantic candles. This proves that the cake table (and the cake itself) is an integral part to your wedding decor--and should complement the rest of your theme accordingly.
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More