Earlier this morning I wrote that we had a secret guest blogger who would be showcasing some fun and easy DIY sweet options. Right now, I'm happy to reveal that our secret guest blogger for the week is (drum roll please!) Roxanne Wickwire from Roxycakes. A few weeks ago, we both obsessed over how much we loved Bakerella and her DIY ideas. As we discussed our love for sweet treats, Roxy and I came to the conclusion that we should definitely cook up some bridal-worthy creations for you ladies. Easy, pretty and delicious was our mission. So, for the next few days watch as we reveal a yummy goody worthy to be served at your bridal shower or used as favours for your own celebration. Enjoy!
Today's sweet treat is.... Mini Fudge Cakes! Get Roxy's recipe and her how-to below:
You can make this treat using white or dark fudge; though dark fudge is firmer, and easier to handle. Since fudge is very sweet, I recommend using 1”, 1.5” and 2” round cutters for this project.
INGREDIENTS AND TOOLS:
- One sheet of your favorite fudge recipe
- Dark cocoa powder
- Chocolate wafers
- Decorating squeeze bottle
- One set of round cutters (1”, 1.5” and 2”)
1. Prepare fudge and pour just enough mixture into a baking sheet so that the tiers measure no more than 1.5” high. Refrigerate until set.
2. Place the fudge bottom-side down on a cutting board.
3. Cut out 1”, 1.5” and 2” round circles using a set of round cutters.
4. Gently ease out the shapes using your fingers. The flat bottoms of your fudge circles will be the tops of your mini cakes.
5. Arrange your fudge shapes before beginning assembly.
6. You can dip the tops of your fudge shapes into a shallow dish of water, then dip in dark cocoa powder for neat contrast, or proceed as is.
7. Melt ½ cup of chocolate wafers according to package directions and place inside a decorating squeeze bottle. This will be your glue.
8. Place a small dot of melted chocolate on top of the bottom and middle tiers.
9. Assemble the tiers (F) and allow to set for 30 minutes. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
And that's pretty much it! Can't wait for you all to try at home. Hint for tomorrow's treat: Fruity!
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More