Your wedding will likely be the most expensive event you'll ever host in your lifetime, but that doesn't mean you have to completely break the bank. From your venue to your signage, there are definitely easy ways to cut wedding costs without sacrificing style or luxury! Check out these brilliant ideas for slashing the price of your big day.
1. DIY as much as you can. When it comes to things like your table numbers, escort cards, and signage, there's no reason why you can't roll up your sleeves and have a little fun making them yourself. Make a day of it with your bridesmaids and add a little personality to your décor!
2. Ask for favours from friends. Have a friend with killer guitar skills, a talent for calligraphy, or an interest in florals? Ask them to help out on your big day, and chances are, they'd be thrilled to contribute to making your wedding that much more fantastic. That way, you'll cut down on vendor costs while adding special meaning to your ceremony and reception.
3. Choose a date during the off season. For many wedding venues, the off season brings with it plenty of great deals as they tend to be far less in demand between November and March. Choose a cozy winter or fall wedding instead of your average June celebration to cut back on costs. You even could also consider holding your wedding on a Friday or Sunday as these days are far less popular than Saturdays.
4. Hold a brunch or cocktail-style wedding. As food will make up a large chunk of your wedding budget, consider an alternative to the classic sit-down dinner. If your wedding style is more modern, a cocktail reception could fit the bill perfectly, and appetizers are far less expensive than a full meal. A brunch wedding is also a lovely option for a laid-back celebration, and you won't have to splurge on an elaborate open bar or expensive entrées (just don't forget the mimosas).
5. Host a destination wedding Most couples don't realize the cost savings associated with destination weddings. Tie the knot abroad and you could save tens of thousands of dollars (just check out this property in Costa Rica where a catered celebration could set you back as little as $5,000). Another bonus? You'll already be in paradise ready to start your honeymoon the moment the wedding festivities wrap up.
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More