Today marked day five A World of Weddings week on Canada AM. Over the past week I presented ideas for a multicultural celebrations, touching on everything from traditions, to fashion, gifts, food and inspiring ideas.
Yesterday our focus was food and choosing dishes for your celebration that reflected your culture. Here are a few things we highlighted:
• Chinese: Roast suckling pig served with jellyfish and seaweed; sweet lotus buns.
• Indian: Vegetarian curries and chutneys served with rice and naan bread.
• Russian: Borscht soup, potato pancakes topped with smoked salmon and caviar.
• Greek: Spanokopita, sourdough coin bread, bittersweet Jordan “Koufeta” candied almonds.
A HUGE thank you to Toronto’s Daniel et Daniel who provided all the wonderful food for us; Flour Studio for the sweet floral arrangements; and Weddingbells’ Contributing Editor Catherine Doherty for styling everything to look so fantastic! Today, for our final segment, I answered some viewer emails and also brought along a show and tell table highlighting ways that you can bring your culture into various wedding day elements. More thank yous to the following:
• Cakes: Susan Trianos for Bonnie Gordon School of Cakes.
• Flowers: Flour Studio.
Thank you Canada AM, we had a wonderful time on the show! Can’t wait to do it all again sometime soon.
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More