This year has brought so many great trends and celebrations to the forefront of our minds. But, as 2011 draws to an end, we can't help but be excited about new wedding ideas for 2012. At the top of our list? Wedding songs! From your first dance choice to your bridal party entrance songs, there's always a few songs each and every year (old and new) that constantly top the wedding charts. Already on our minds is Jay Sean's (ft. Nicki Minaj) "2012 (It Ain't The End of the World)", which he released in 2010. Wanting to be the first to release a "2012" song, it garnered much attention two years ago, but we have a feeling with lyrics like 'we gonna party, like it's 2012', this song will get a major revival from and brides and grooms wanting to add a feel-good (and relevant) track to their playlist.
We asked Michael Coombs, owner of Prodigy Entertainment to give us some insight on which other tunes/tracks will be making it big for 2012. "It’s always hard to predict what’s going to be “hot” in the year to come. Movies, TV shows and radio play have such a strong influence on what songs go “big”. With Madonna, The Killers, Nelly Furtado and Black Eyed Peas set to release new albums in 2012, I’m sure they will have some tracks that get “must play” status," predicts Coombs. On top of Jay Seans' 2012 song, here are six which Coombs believes will be on the radar:
1) “Footloose” Kenny Loggins - With the remake finishing it’s run in theaters and about to be released for at home enjoyment, the original “Footloose” has made a huge comeback and I see it carrying forward into 2012.
2) “Sexy & I Know It” LMFAO - This song is hot and is one of the most requested songs for the last couple of months. I see this transitioning into a fun garter toss song, for those who still want to include the toss in their wedding reception events.
3) “Now That We Found Love” Heavy D - RIP the “Overweight Lover”. I love this song and it made a huge comeback with the Will Smith / Eva Mendes movie “Hitch”. With him passing away recently, I see it as a “must play” for the New Year.
4) “We Found Love” Rihanna - With the November 21st release date of her new album “Talk that Talk” I see this song, and I’m sure a few others, getting some heavy play in the new year.
5) “Wonderful Tonight” Eric Clapton - More of my couples are going back and choosing classics rock ballads for their first dance. With this being a song that I’ve seen popping up a lot on request lists in recent months. The lyrics are just beautiful.
6) “My Girl” The Temptations - With me being the Father of three daughters, I couldn’t resist a Father / Daughter dance song in my list. For the Bride who wants to make the dance with her Dad fun, sentimental and whimsical, this is a great choice.
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More