Your wedding day is all about your personal love story. If nothing else, you want your day to be as individual and creative as you are. From building a personal color scheme and theme, to writing your individual vows, putting your personal stamp on your wedding day is an important part of the process. And what better way to do that than incorporating your monogram.
You can get just about anything monogrammed these days— from your Louis Vuitton Neverfull tote to iPhone cases and napkins. If the monogram sounds like a tired tradition that’s gone the way of the aristocracy and your grandmother’s bathroom towels, take a cue from the resurgence of the signet ring. Signet rings are popping up among young independent jewelry brands and have become a style staple of influencers and fashion tastemakers. A monogram doesn’t have to be scripty and traditional either, there is now a movement towards modern monograms and fonts that are decidedly chic—think geometric takes on the old classics. With this in mind, here are five creative ways to personalize your wedding day with monograms.
1. Personalized matchboxes are a gift your guests are sure to love and have a decidedly retro throwback appeal.
2. If a custom dance floor decal feels a little too been-there-done-that how about having your monogram projected onto a large wall in your venue, or even as an accent on the dance floor or entrance way?
3. Have cool custom cocktail napkins created for your apres party drinks zone.
4. If you are having an outdoor wedding and love games why not dress up the traditional corn hole game with your monogram on the front?
5. Bespoke cookies are always hit for wedding favours—personalize them with your monogram and package them inside a custom cookie tin emblazoned with your moniker too.
Brittany Johnson is a Canadian content creator, actress, and writer. Vintage huntress and dog mom, when she is not working at a tech start-up, with a focus on lifting up the next generation of young women, she can be found in her bed with a facemask on, watching Nora Ephron movies on repeat.