We at Weddingbells know it’s important for you to look and feel amazing on your W-day, but just how important is it? What price would you be willing to pay? Would you be willing to live with your mother-in-law if it meant you would reach your goal weight by your wedding day? According to a study just released by Fitness magazine, the answer is a resounding yes. The mag recently surveyed 1,000 brides-to-be to get a snapshot of their attitudes towards their bodies and weight heading into their weddings. Some of the interesting findings:
• 29% of women would be willing to move in with their mother-in-law if it meant reaching their ideal weight by their wedding day.
• 36% would take weight loss pills or supplements; one in seven would fast for a week; and 6% would try plastic surgery in order to achieve wedding-day body bliss.
• One in five women would postpone her nuptials if she wasn’t at her goal weight by her wedding day.
• 80% of brides want a gown that conceals their belly; 46% want a dress that flaunts their cleavage; 32% of women say they want a gown that camouflages back fat.
• While 83% of women want to lose weight before they walk down the aisle, just 34% of men do.
• One in three brides purposely buy a dress that doesn’t fit: (22% buy one that’s too small, 11% purchase one that’s too big).
• The celebrity bride women most want to look like? A tie between Eva Longoria and Jennifer Lopez (27% each).
Do you agree or disagree with any or all of these stats? I’d love to hear your take. Please post your comments below. And to close, just a little FYI that I’ll be away for a few days, but will see you back here on Wednesday May 28th.
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More