Zinnia by Cristos—Blush Bridal destination best-seller.
Hitting the road for your “I dos?” How romantic, modern and sexy. Whether you’re heading for Grand Cayman’s Seven Mile Beach or the California coast, the wedding dress you choose for your destination "I dos" is going to require a little extra thought as it’s got to be one that’s a good traveller and look great on location. We asked Lorna Patterson, owner of Vancouver’s Blush Bridal and Special Occasions (Vera Wang, Ramona Keveza, Nicole Miller, Christos and Amsale are just a few of the heavenly designers they stock) for some intel on shopping for the perfect destination wedding dress. Here are her six expert tips.
1. Go for comfort. Choose a natural fabric as it breathes and will keep you cool in a hot clime.
2. Check fabric movement. Light fabrics such as silk organza and silk chiffon will have some movement in a tropical breeze.
3. Consider colour. Strong sunlight will make white look whiter, so you may want to go ivory for a softer more ethereal look.
4. Think transportation. You want to carry your wedding dress on the plane, not pack in your luggage. Make sure the fabric and style will travel well and you call ahead to let your airline know of your delicate carry on.
5. Go short. A sexy mini destination wedding dress looks amazing on location. Also consider tea length for a short but not-so-revealing option.
6. Don’t shy away from formality. Just because you’re hitting the beach doesn’t mean your wedding dress has to be breezy and boho. You can still choose a more structured formal style if that’s what you want, but opt for designs in lighter fabrics (silk tulle, silk organza or silk chiffon), which will work better in the heat.
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More