The biggest fashion secret of 2018 may have been leaked! According to the Daily Mail, couture house Ralph & Russo will be the designers behind Meghan Markle’s wedding dress, which will reportedly cost £100,000 and will be paid for privately by Prince Harry and the royal family. The Australian-born, London-based duo of Tamara Ralph and Michael Russo were the team behind the stunning sheer black gown Meghan wore in her engagement photos with Prince Harry.
According to the Daily Mail, Meghan’s dress will be a hand-stitched, heavily beaded gown that has taken several hundred hours to complete. Several weeks ago, Prince Harry was snapped leaving Ralph & Russo’s Chelsea design headquarters. Meghan will wear this first gown for the church ceremony and official reception at Windsor Castle. It’s rumoured Christopher Bailey, outgoing creative director of Burberry, will be making her second dress for the private reception for 200 at Frogmore House. Other important details about the wedding that have been announced:
• Meghan’s mother and father will be in attendance and her father Thomas Markle will walk her down the aisle.
• Meghan has chosen to forego having a maid of honour—she reportedly couldn’t just pick one of her BFFs for the job! Instead she will be accompanied by a darling junior bridal party which will include Prince George and Princess Charlotte.
• Harry will honour his late mother Diana at the ceremony with her three siblings in attendance and a reading given by her sister Jane.
• The newest addition to the royal family, Prince Louis, will not be attending.
• Meghan and Harry will not be going on honeymoon directly after their wedding. They are reportedly planning that for late summer and will carry out their first official engagement as Mr. and Mrs. a week after their wedding.
Under two weeks to go until the royal wedding day…we can barely sleep!
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More