When it comes to ensuring your locks are Insta-perfect, you need to ensure you have a couple of tools in your kit. Whether it be for any pre-wedding celebrations, the wedding itself or your honeymoon, the right tools can make styling your own hair with ease. For a bride that's choosing to DIY her wedding hairstyle, this is especially important. We've narrowed down the five hair tools that will make the perfect blowout, effortless waves and sleek bun an absolute breeze.
1. A curling iron. Every girl needs a good curling iron in her kit. The right curling iron has a variety of temperatures to ensure your hair doesn't burn (if you have dry or damaged hair, turn down the heat!), but will still be hot enough so your hair can hold the curl. Try: Hot Tools Black Gold 1 1/4" Curling Iron, which combines the power of 24k gold, titanium and their Micro-Shine technology to ensure glossy curls with a tool that lasts. ($119.99, chatters.ca)
2. A hair dryer. A good hairdryer is essential for EVERY bride. The right one will be able to dry your hair relatively quickly, freeing your time up to care for more pressing matters (wedding planning!). It will also do minimal damage to your hair and will keep frizz at bay. Most hairdryers come with attachments such as diffusers and nozzles, meant for different types of hair and to target different hairstyles. Try: Dyson Supersonic hair dryer. This hair tool made waves when it was first released, in part due to its unique, intriguing shape and colour. We can confirm that the hype is real—this dryer is powerful yet quiet, with smart technology that controls heat temperature to ensure your hair doesn't get damaged. ($499.99, dyson.com)
3. A straightening iron. Sleek, pin-straight hair is achievable with a good straightening iron. We love seeing a bride with a sexy, sleek straight hairstyle, or in an uber-chic pony. The straightening iron not only straightens your hair, but it also removes frizz as well as create beautiful volume at the root. Try: Kenneth Bernard Vibe Flat Iron. With rounded plate edges, this iron prevent hair from tugging or getting tangled. With a vibration feature, it moves strands so that heat is distributed evenly. ($179.95, chatters.ca)
4. An two-in-one tool. There are many innovative tools out there these days that promise to dry and style your locks at the same time. Not only is this a time saver, but it allows you to achieve a salon-worthy hairstyle without having to sit in a chair—and who doesn't want to look like they've had their hair touched by the hands of a stylist? One of our favourite hair styling tools is one that dries your hair and gives you a blowout at the same time, without having to use a round brush (because let's face it, holding both a dryer and round brush at the same time is hard!) Try: Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer, which promises to give you volume at the root and softly curl the ends of your strands. ($64.97, walmart.ca.)
5. A portable hair dryer. We've all had that moment where you step out of the shower in your hotel room, and find out that the hair dryer provided just doesn't work. To avoid this happening on your honeymoon (and being late to the romantic dinner you had planned), pack one of your own. The best travel-sized hair dryers are foldable, easy to put in your carry-on, but still provide the power and heat control of a regular hair dryer. Try: T3 Featherweight Compact. With a regular-sized handle that folds to save space, as well as two heat settings, this is everything you could want in a travel-sized hair dryer. ($200, sephora.ca)
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More