For your summer wedding, chances are there are two things you are stressing about: rain and makeup meltdown. You can’t control the weather, but you most certainly can take steps to ensure your makeup looks flawless even as the temperatures soar. We asked Toronto-based beauty expert and makeup artist Bahar Niramwalla for her advice when it comes to summer-friendly wedding makeup. She shared an essential list of products and tips to ensure your wedding makeup looks perfect from morning until night. Whether you’ve hired a pro, or are doing your makeup yourself, here are Niramwalla’s tricks of the trade.
• Use an oil-free primer, which is a key base product to help your makeup stay on longer. A mist of makeup-fixing spray once the look is finished will also ensure it wears well. Try: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Pore Minimizing.
• A translucent setting powder that’s not too white or chalky is essential for keeping shine down. Try: MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder/Pressed. Blotting papers will also help pat off excess oils throughout the day.
• Waterproof mascara is a non-negotiable wedding beauty-must. You will shed tears and in the summer heat and regular mascara can breakdown and cause smudging. Try: Bobbi Brown No Smudge Mascara.
• Use a highlighter on your cheekbones to give a skin a glowy finish as well as some soft contouring. Try: Benefit Cosmetics Watts Up.
• Line lips with an invisible lip pencil, which will prevent lip colour from bleeding as it acts as a barrier for lipstick to stay within the lines. Try: Rimmel London Moisture Renew Universal Transparent Lipliner.
Get our Newsletter
Stay up-to-date with wedding trends, deals and offers.
The LatestSee More