When it comes to coloured hair, it’s important to ensure that your hair looks its freshest and brightest on your wedding day. For blondes in particular, this is especially important. You don’t want your hair to look brassy, dry, or frizzy, which can come when your hair has undergone chemical processes. But what exactly are the right products and ways to keep your hair looking shiny and healthy before your big day? We turned to Kerastase master artist Alanna Widgiz for some of her tips to ensure your blonde hair looks its best on your wedding day.
- Get your hair colour touched up a week or two before your wedding. This ensures that your hair looks fresh and bright, and will be at its optimal colour.
- Use treatments on your hair. “I recommend a Fusio-Dose from Kerastase, which is a personalized treatment that you can do either at the salon or at home,” Widgiz says. “My favourite for colour-treated hair is Concentre Pixelist with the Booster Cicafibre—it seals in your colour and adds loads of luminosity to your hair.”
- Use a purple shampoo for your hair. This will cancel out any yellow tones in your hair and neutralize brassiness.
- Two-use products: a hair serum and hairspray. “The Blond Absolu Sérum Cicaplasme from Kerastase is a heat-protectant serum that will give your hair maximum nourishment, luminosity and frizz-control,” Widgiz explains. “You should also use a medium-hold hairspray that’s perfect as a working hairspray such as Laque Couture from Kerastase—it can also be layered on at the end to finish your bridal hairstyle.
- Don’t use products that are heavy, sticky or tacky. When it comes to hair products, sometimes more is not more. Products that weigh down your hair or make your strands overly sticky can make it difficult to style your hair. Use just enough lightweight texturizing spray or powder for your bridal hairstyle.