You did it: you said “yes”! Now all you need to do is say “I do”. Of course, you want the moment you say it to be as unique and magical as your relationship; as unforgettable and as incredible as your love. Why leave that precious moment and its celebration to strangers when you can trust your most important day to friends? Air Transat is a Canadian company, that, for more than 30 years has been tying the knot between magic and beauty with its picturesque resorts in the most idyllic destinations.
Air Transat and Sirenis Hotels & Resorts understand that your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life and they want to create a celebration designed just for you and your betrothed. Luxurious or refined. traditional or whimsical, unconventional or uncomplicated — your wedding will be unique, with personal attention paid to you and your guests.
That Magic Moment
When two people say “I do,” it is one of the most cherished experiences for any couple in love. Therefore, the what and the where of that moment are important to keep in mind when planning your nuptials. This is where Air Transat and Sirenis Hotels & Resorts come in. The locations of their exclusive hotels provide ideal settings in which to say your “I dos” in the presence of family members and loved ones.
In two of the most romantic and stunning destinations in the Caribbean, Air Transat and Sirenis Hotels & Resorts provide you with top tier service and exquisite gastronomy, in a truly unique atmosphere. At both Grand Sirenis Punta Cana and Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya, look forward to having your expectations satisfied and exceeded. Both destinations have a range of experiences and amenities that will make each guest feel unique and taken care of so that you can have extraordinary experiences and go home with unforgettable memories.
Details, Details, Details
When you’re trying to pull together dozens of details from hundreds of miles away, a good wedding package is a godsend, especially when it comes with a seasoned coordinator. At both resorts there is a coordinator on-site to assist you; in addition to being detail-oriented, organized and innovative, they are experts in helping you to realize the day of your dreams.
With Sirenis Hotels & Resorts, you can choose from the Presidential, Silver or Gold destination wedding packages, each one better than the last:
- Presidential: all the help you could want from a Sirenis Wedding Specialist, from the food to all the services necessary for your perfect day.
- Silver: allow yourself be swept away by the romance and passion of your wedding while the professionals ensure everything goes perfectly. The music, decor and dinner will all be tasteful and romantic, making your wedding the best day of your life.
- Gold: you’ll be treated like the VIPs you are, enjoying a room upgrade with spectacular ocean views, professional hair and makeup application for the bride, a rehearsal dinner to iron out any final details and a photographer to capture those perfect moments you never want to forget.
Whatever package you choose, when your big day arrives, everything will run smoothly—all you have to do is be there, dressed and ready to party.
Which legal documents are required in Punta Cana?
For purely symbolic ceremonies, no documents are required, whereas for legal ceremonies, you will both need to bring:
- single status declarations
- original birth certificates
- photocopies of your passports
All documents must be translated into Spanish and legalized or apostilled by the Dominican embassy in Canada before departure.
Which legal documents are required in Mexico?
Only a civil marriage is recognized by law as legal in Mexico; the requirements of which are extensive. The bride and groom and their four witnesses need to have:
- Passports and tourist cards (which you get when you arrive at the airport in Mexico).
- If either the bride or the groom has previously been divorced or widowed, a single status declaration certificate must be sent by email to the wedding coordinator (email@example.com).
- A blood test three days prior to the wedding, done at the hotel’s medical centre (for which an additional fee [paid in cash directly to the medical center] applies).
- Hotel-provided legal info document (filled out with information requested by the RGD office).
- To legalize the wedding certificate in Canada, there will be an extra charge for the apostille and in maximum of six weeks the legal certificate will be sent by mail to your address, including a translation of the certificate.
- For a catholic wedding, present the “Nihil Obstat” (obtained from the priest at the church where you finalize the process and requirements to get married).
- To utilize the vow renewal package a copy of the wedding certificate must be sent to the wedding department prior to booking the ceremony package; and this package is only available to couples after their first wedding anniversary.
Honeymooning at the Grand Sirenis Punta Cana
This posh resort offers unique benefits especially for honeymooners. Amenities such as a bottle of sparkling wine, a fruit basket, a romantic breakfast in your room and a dinner in the romantic, gourmet restaurant, all once per stay. Upon availability, Sirenis Hotels & Resorts can also offer a room upgrade for the honeymooning couple.
Honeymooning at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
A basket of fruit, a bottle of sparkling wine and tequila in the room, a romantic dinner and one wedding breakfast served in the room the first day (for which a reservation is required) are included in this gorgeous resort’s honeymoon package. Amenities are available to all newly married couples who have been married a maximum of two months prior to arrival at the hotel, documentary proof of which should be presented and noted at the time of booking on a minimum stay of seven nights.
Air Transat destination wedding advantages for groups
When you book your destination wedding with Air Transat, they will pamper you and your beloved—and yes, even your guests. Let them shower you with some amazing early wedding presents like:
- Upgrade to Option Plus on Air Transat AT, giving you and your sweetheart priority check-in at a designated counter, an additional piece of checked baggage, priority boarding, special perks on board and priority baggage handling.
- $500 in future travel vouchers so you can celebrate your one-year anniversary in the same spirit as your wedding and a $100 credit for pre-booked excursions during your honeymoon.
- Leaving from Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal or Quebec City? Air Transat will start your destination wedding off perfectly by giving you and your darling VIP treatment at lounges at those Canadian airports.
Air Transat wants to ensure your wedding is a truly unique and magical experience that leaves you with unforgettable memories complete with your perfect soulmate, an idyllic setting and a breathtaking celebration. Air Transat Sirenis Hotels & Resorts will guarantee a destination wedding filled with fairy tale-worthy moments.
For more information please contact Transat’s group department or visit