5 Fun Ways To Add Mexican Flair To Your Wedding
Want to throw a bash where good times are the first order of business? Look to the south! While a full-fledged Mexican-themed wedding may not jive with the otherwise elegant celebration you’ve been planning, there are more subtle ways to incorporate your favourite fiesta items into your celebration (for example, you could hold off on the mariachi band and instead incorporate papel picado and candy skulls into your decor). In honour of Cinco de Mayo, we’ve gathered together five of our favourite Mexican party ideas. Not only are these ideas wedding appropriate, they’re also guaranteed to get your guests in the celebratory spirit.
- Papel picado, a popular form of Mexican folk art where paper is cut into elaborate designs, can make for a gorgeous wedding decoration. Instead of using buntings at your outdoor reception, string the treetops with papel picado garlands then allude to your unique decor using papel picado stationery.<br />
Photo via <a href="http://www.tulyflores.com/2011/11/invitaciones-avie-designs.html#.VUjXvGYWmt8" target="_blank">Tul y Flores</a>.
- Papel Picado
- mexican wedding - papel picado
- Instead of a full-fledged taco buffet, go the refined route with these tiny appetizer-size fish tacos and mini margaritas.<br />
Photo via <a href="http://www.colincowieweddings.com/articles/ceremony-reception/fish-tacos-and-gazpacho" target="_blank">Colin Cowie Weddings</a>.
- Mini Tacos and Margaritas
- mexican wedding - mini tacos and margaritas
- A piñata is guaranteed to take your party up a notch -- it will also appeal to guests young and old. Can you imagine a better Instagram moment than grandma taking a whack at your wedding piñata?<br />
Photo via <a href="http://greenweddingshoes.com/sunrise-wedding-nina-jon/" target="_blank">Green Wedding Shoes</a>.
- Wedding Pinata
- mexican wedding - pinata
- If subtlety is more your style, a cute candy skull cake topper is the perfect pick for your sweet table. <br />
Photo via <a href="https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/93578140/day-of-the-dead-kokeshi-doll-wedding" target="_blank">Pegged on Etsy</a>.
- Day of the Dead Cake Topper
- mexican wedding - day of the dead cake topper
- Say "gracias" with fun maraca favours. Instead of clinking glasses to have you and your new hubby smooch, you could request that guests shake their maracas instead. <br />
Photo via <a href="http://ruffledblog.com/mexican-ranch-wedding-ideas/" target="_blank">Ruffled</a>.
- Maraca Favour
- mexican wedding - maracas